Home Staging and First Impressions
First impressions can add 5 to 7 percent to the value of a home
Home staging is a wonderful way to help you sell your home more quickly in the Florida Keys! Buyers are more motivated to consider purchasing a home that demonstrates the life style of the Florida Keys. The buyerâ€™s budget and location requirements, are important, but also what appeals to their senses.They want to be able to visualize themselves living there. What will a real estate buyer see, smell, hear, and touch when they tour your home in the florida keys for the first time?
Contrary to what you may have heard, staging your home to sell doesn’t have to be expensive. Sure, you can hire a decorator or invest in new furniture or renovations. However, if you are like many sellers I work with, high-end staging may not be in your plan or budget. That’s why I have put together a list of the best staging tips for the do-it-yourselfer. The list I’ve included has been useful to lots of other happy clients. I hope you’ll find it helpful, too!
Home Staging: The Ten Best Do-It-Yourself Tips For $100 Or Less
- Potted Plants, small or large, are one of the easiest and least expensive ways to create visual appeal.
- Home Fragrance: such as scented candles, sprays, and plug-in type fragrance gadgets in delicate scents can work wonders.
- Carpets can make a room look larger. Rejuvenate your carpets and drapes. When it comes to steam cleaning rather than investing in a professional service, rent the machine for a day
- Baskets and Decorative Containers can help organize scattered items and eliminate clutter.
- Fresh light bulbs and lamps brighten dark areas and rooms. Soften harsh light with dimmers and the newer soft light bulbs.
- Paint over unusual colors or update stark white walls with a contemporary neutral tone.
- Fresh flowers in inexpensive arrangements in vases you already own look beautiful and will smell naturally fresh.
- Throw Pillows will instantly update an old sofa or chair or make a plain bed look luxurious.
- Maid Service can be costly, but hiring one for a day or a few hours is affordable-and it’s worth it to make a kitchen or bathroom sparkle!
- Snacks! A bowl of polished apples, a bunch of grapes or a plate of fresh cookies makes your home look warm and inviting
You may even decide to stay there yourself !
Posted in Blog