Home Staging and First Impressions
First impressions can add 5 to 7 percent to the value of a home
Home staging is a wonderful way to help you sell your home more quickly in the Florida Keys! Buyers are more motivated to consider purchasing a home that demonstrates the life style of the Florida Keys. The buyerâ€™s budget and location requirements, are important, but also what appeals to their senses.They want to be able to visualize themselves living there. What will a real estate buyer see, smell, hear, and touch when they tour your home in the florida keys for the first time?
Contrary to what you may have heard, staging your home to sell doesn’t have to be expensive. Sure, you can hire a decorator or invest in new furniture or renovations. However, if you are like many sellers I work with, high-end staging may not be in your plan or budget. That’s why I have put together a list of the best staging tips for the do-it-yourselfer. The list I’ve included has been useful to lots of other happy clients. I hope you’ll find it helpful, too!
Home Staging: The Ten Best Do-It-Yourself Tips For $100 Or Less
- Potted Plants, small or large, are one of the easiest and least expensive ways to create visual appeal.
- Home Fragrance: such as scented candles, sprays, and plug-in type fragrance gadgets in delicate scents can work wonders.
- Carpets can make a room look larger. Rejuvenate your carpets and drapes. When it comes to steam cleaning rather than investing in a professional service, rent the machine for a day
- Baskets and Decorative Containers can help organize scattered items and eliminate clutter.
- Fresh light bulbs and lamps brighten dark areas and rooms. Soften harsh light with dimmers and the newer soft light bulbs.
- Paint over unusual colors or update stark white walls with a contemporary neutral tone.
- Fresh flowers in inexpensive arrangements in vases you already own look beautiful and will smell naturally fresh.
- Throw Pillows will instantly update an old sofa or chair or make a plain bed look luxurious.
- Maid Service can be costly, but hiring one for a day or a few hours is affordable-and it’s worth it to make a kitchen or bathroom sparkle!
- Snacks! A bowl of polished apples, a bunch of grapes or a plate of fresh cookies makes your home look warm and inviting
You may even decide to stay there yourself !
Cheap vs Value in Real Estate
Do not confuse cheap with value in the real estate market
Because price has become such a huge issue in the real estate news, I feel like cheap can be confused with value even in the Florida Keys. In todayâ€™s world of falling prices one sometimes loses sight of the real goal. True Real Estate Investment Value is the goal. When it comes to real estate in the fabulous Florida Keys, there is a big difference between the cheapest home and the best real estate value. As I show and sell properties throughout the keys from Key Largo to Marathon to Key West, I marvel at the beautiful choices and real estate opportunities for buyers today. I encourage my successful buyers to focus on Price Value, Resale Value and most importantly Personal Value.
- Price value : Do not confuse buying real estate in the Florida Keys with bargain basement shopping. While a great deal sometimes can be found at the end of a day of bargain hunting, more often the good stuff is gone by early morning. While some buyers continue to wait for the so called bottom of the real estate market in the Florida Keys,the properties with the best views, best access, and most uniqueness will already be sold in the current market.
- Resale value : Waiting for the price bottom results in finding the last property for sale, the compromised property, the least desirable. With this type of purchase, the resale component of a real estate investment is greatly reduced. Our real estate inventories here in the Florida Keys have been reduced by 28% since the first of the year. Very often, a buyer misses the right property because someone else presented a contract first.
- Personal value : Properties in the Florida Keys are unlike property anywhere else. They have unique qualities and individual features that cannot be reproduced. In the Florida Keys the homes are either right on the water or extremely near to the coast line. Water access, dockage, ocean views, location, location. The value of an investment or residential property can be totally intrinsic to an individual desires. An important factor in purchasing a home or even a commercial piece of real estate in the Florida Keys is the life style that comes with that purchase. In the Florida Keys, you can find the perfect blend of real estate and lifestyle.
Do not find yourself talking about the cheapest deal you will get, talk about the great value you own in real estate in the Florida Keys, the best place to be!